Boston University's Web site biography of Sharon Daniels, head of the university's Opera Institute, has significantly embellished her career, The Boston Globe reported. The biography said she had starring roles with several top companies that either have no record of her performing or that say she played only minor roles. The Globe reported that the university was aware of the errors as long ago as January, but corrected them only this week, after being contacted by the newspaper for an article. Daniels blamed the errors on the way her C.V. was condensed, and said she thought the mistakes had been fixed before this week.
- Centers of Attention
- Petition Calls on UVa to block Arianna Huffington from campus appearance
- E-mails reveal that Mitch Daniels, as governor, tried to ban Howard Zinn book
- Mitch Daniels renews criticism of Howard Zinn
- The Quest for Crossover Books
- Media Criticism
- 'Reign of Terror' at MassBay?
- Quick Takes: Florida Ban on Travel to Cuba Overturned, Judge Reinstates Grossmont Prof, Leave for Controversial President at Thomas Nelson CC, Boston Housing Law Has Little Impact, Old Dominion Stops Search, Apostrophe Education, Cambridge Woos Soaps
Search for Jobs