Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania has pledged to improve the women's softball field and provide additional funds for women's athletics to settle a reopened lawsuit under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The university settled a Title IX suit two years ago, but it was reopened after some female athletes said that the university failed to follow through on all of its pledges to improve opportunities for women's programs. While the university denied wrongdoing, it agreed to the additional enhancements.
- NCAA Throws Book at Cheating Coaches
- Quick Takes: New Evidence of Gender Gap, New Evidence in WVU Degree Dispute, Professor Reinstated at Oral Roberts, Prices on Their Heads, President Placed on Leave, New Tack Urged on College Cost Disclosure, Stagnant British Enrollment
- Fallout from Fresno State's Multi-Million Dollar Case(s)
- Quick Takes: Rape Charges Against Eastern Ore. Official, Tex. Southern Cuts Jobs, Elizabethtown Fires Religion Chair, Cybersecurity Program's Demise, Strategies for Safe Drinking, No BYU Students in Israel, Auburn Prof Denies Charges, Winning a Visa
- College Sports and Spending
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories