Texas Tech University on Saturday released an affidavit from an athletic trainer saying that he was told by Mike Leach, recently fired as football coach, to lock Adam James, a player, in the dark after he suffered a concussion, The New York Times reported. The trainer said that Leach used graphic, profane language in telling him to lock James in a dark place and to make James "uncomfortable." While Leach did not respond to requests for comment on the affidavit, he previously told the Times that James was lazy.
- Coach Suspended Amid Charge of Player Mistreatment
- South Florida Fires Coach Over Slapping of Athlete
- Obama Issues Declassification Order
- Are American Students Lazy?
- Evaluating Evaluations
- Playing Mozart on the Titanic
- Arizona officials say player did not suffer concussion
- Wary of concussions, college athletes choose early retirement
Search for Jobs