The Maricopa Community College District's board has authorized Chancellor Rufus Glasper to carry out a series of efficiency moves, The Arizona Republic reported. Among the possible shifts: increases in class sizes, greater reliance on adjunct faculty members, outsourcing of landscaping and a new information technology fee. The consultants who developed the options said that they could save the district up to $48 million a year.
- Efficiency from Incompetence
- Can an Investor Buy a Community College?
- Rio Salado Puts Brakes on Proposed Sale
- Stateless Community College
- Arizona unprecedented in defunding community colleges
- Community college leaders told privatization is wave of the future
- Harassment or Free Speech?
- Quick Takes: 2 Presidents Ousted in Maricopa, Video Furor at Long Island U., SMU Profs Will Not Vote on Bush Plan, Purdue Clears Scientist, Rebound for Foreign Students, Lost Records at Hopkins, NCAA Plans Scholarly Conference, Football Attendance Up
Search for Jobs