The College Art Association is the latest academic association to report significant declines in available faculty jobs. The association's career center (which doesn't have all art faculty jobs, but which is a good tool for measuring the job market) listed 1,263 positions in the 2009 fiscal year, a decline of 28 percent from the year before. Studio art positions declined by 31 percent and art history positions by 14 percent -- with the first six months of the 2010 fiscal year showing further shrinkage of the academic job market.
- Principles for 'One Faculty'
- Finances First
- Still Banned at Saint Louis U.
- Frenemies of Facebook -- II
- Cheating Cases on Rise at Stanford
- Using Spanish to Court Latino Students
- New Programs: Creative Writing, Business, 'Smart Grid' Technology, Music and Law
- Blizzard Disrupts a Meeting and Prompts Snowball Fights
Search for Jobs