Edison State College, a Florida institution that was once a community college and now offers some four-year degrees as well, is planning to create a private college that will offer bachelor's and master's degrees, The Fort Myers News-Press reported. Edison State officials note that state regulations limit the four-year degrees it can offer, and say that many of the college's associate degree graduates want to continue their educations, but local institutions are at capacity.
- The Community College Spinoff
- Not Just a Foot in the Door
- A Numbers Game?
- Michigan lets community colleges issue four-year degrees, amid controversy
- Challenges remain for community colleges offering bachelor's degrees
- Whose Job Is It?
- New Programs: Homeland Security, Engineering, Law, Information Technology, Knowledge Integration
- Statistical Snapshot
Search for Jobs