President Obama announced Thursday the charities to which he is donating the $1.4 million he received as winner of the Nobel Peace Prize -- and several of the organizations support efforts to help more students go to college. Among the recipients: College Summit, the Posse Foundation, the United Negro College Fund, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation and the American Indian College Fund.
- How High a Summit?
- Professor says Brooklyn College missed chance to get millions from Koch Foundation
- Will Faculty Voices Be Heard?
- Bigger Tent for Minority-Serving Colleges
- Obama administration announces new college commitments and funding for low-income students
- Nobel Peace Prize -- for Education?
- Higher ed trade group presidents make more than many college presidents
- A new book about the donor lawsuit against Princeton
Search for Jobs