The Association of American Publishers is reporting a slow start to 2010 for university presses. Across all kinds of publishers, book sales were down 0.7 percent in January, compared to the previous January. But for university presses, the declines were 8.6 percent for hardcover books, 9.4 percent for paperbacks. The higher education category (which includes textbooks) was up by 7.9 percent.
- Is Collaboration a Form of Collaboration?
- Health Care and Higher Ed
- University Sues Its Ex-President Over Expenses
- Furor Over Play in Which Jesus Is Gay
- NYU Seeks Major Expansion
- No Job for Adjunct Who Took a Stand
- New Presidents or Provosts: Andrews U., Baruch College, Florida Atlantic U., Longwood U., Medical College of Georgia, U. of Montreal, SIT/World Learning
- More Growth for Common Application
Search for Jobs