Newcastle University, in Britain, is using a series of personality characteristics to hire administrators, and some faculty members think the system is Orwellian, Times Higher Education reported. The qualities values those who "accept change and run with it," and suggests avoiding those who "express doubts" -- qualities faculty members say will produce those who won't question potentially negative changes.
- Are You a Word Track Changes or Google Docs Person?
- British academics try to hide regional accents, study finds
- New Strategies on Diversity
- Essay on feeling like an impostor on the academic job hunt
- Wyoming Toughens Up on Unaccredited
- Beyond Price, Other Barriers to College Loom
- Candidate negotiated out of a job responds to critics
- Stumbling Upon Secure Data
Search for Jobs