- Quick Takes: Missed Warnings on Killers, Yale Plans Science Expansion, Ex-Coach Awarded $229K, Charges and Countercharges at Carolina Coastal, Publishers Settle Suits, Anti-Semitism Seen in British Universities
- Quick Takes: Ex-Coach Wins $2M in Suit, Approval for Chinatown Campus, New U.S. Negotiations on Aid, Faculty Split at SIU, Bob Jones U. and Romney, Humanities Network, Strike in Israel
- Court Tosses $773,000 Award to Ex-Coach
- Quick Takes: Tighter Oversight of Tobacco-Financed Research, Income Cap Likely for D.C. Tuition Program, Audit Forces Utah College Chief From Job, Irvine Chancellor Admits He 'Bungled' Dean Search, Ohio State Ordered to Pay Ex-Coach $2.5M, British Elites
- Court Finds Credence in Ex-Coach's Racial Bias Charge
Duke University and Mike Pressler, who was the lacrosse coach when false rape accusations were made against three team members, have settled a slander suit by Pressler, The Raleigh News & Observer reported. Pressler's suit focused on comparisons the university made between him and his successor after he was forced out in 2006, amid the scandal over the allegations that (at that time) were widely treated as fact. No details were released about the settlement, except that Duke issued this statement: "Coach Michael Pressler is an excellent coach. He did a great job building the Duke men's lacrosse program, while maintaining a 100 percent graduation rate in his 16 years. Duke University regrets any adverse consequences that the Newsday or AP article had on Coach Pressler or his family. Duke wishes nothing but the best for Coach Pressler in his future endeavors, especially at Bryant University and as he leads Team USA in the World Lacrosse Championships."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories