Gateway Technical College, in Wisconsin, announced that an investigation confirmed student complaints that an instructor was offering extra credit to those who made charitable contributions to certain organizations, The Journal Times reported. While officials said that there was no malice involved, they said the incentives were inappropriate and that the instructor will stop offering them.
- Students accuse director of community college honor society of sexual harassment
- Mixed Verdict on Koch Grant
- Could music students be more at risk for sexual misconduct by professors?
- Tax-Exempt Pedicures
- Debate over "overload" pay for professors
- Is Job Training Zero Sum Game?
- Quick Takes: Campuses Shaken, RPI Suspends Exhibit, Credit Crunch, Conviction in Lab Arson, Anthropologists Object to Anti-Gay Claims, Adjuncts Unionize, Profs Unionize, Fisk Banned From Selling Art, Probation for Long Beach, Cheeseheads
- An Idea Too Dangerous to Ignore
Search for Jobs