A report by United Educators, which insures many colleges and universities, finds that students brought 38 percent of claims against the institutions from 2004 to 2008. Of the student claims, 80 percent involved bodily injuries (many in cases in which alcohol was involved). Of the bodily injury claims, the top category was slips and falls (29 percent), followed by assaults (20 percent), vehicle and other accidents (19 percent) and athletics (9 percent).
- Matching Up to the Group of 8
- Chicano Ph.D. Pipeline
- What Motivates International Students?
- Finances affected this year's entering class in educational and personal ways, CIRP survey finds
- More Students, Less Money
- Looking for Help
- Understanding Independent Students
- Essay questions motives of U. of Texas in affirmative action case
Search for Jobs