Students and faculty members at Albion College are protesting the planned elimination of 15 full-time faculty jobs at Albion College, saying that the way the layoffs are being made will effectively abolish tenure rights, The Battle Creek Enquirer reported. College officials say that they need to reduce the size of the faculty because of enrollment declines. The college denies that it is damaging the tenure system or academic freedom, but admits changing parts of the faculty handbook to be able to carry out the layoffs.
- An Agenda for Graduate Education
- 'The Rhetoric of Remediation'
- Dismissed Professor Sues Columbia College Chicago
- Suit Over Poetry Program Settled
- To Her, With Love
- Power Play
- Staying Away From Arizona
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Eureka, Miami Dade, NJIT, Ohio U., Reed, Saint Joseph, U. of Denver, U. of Maryland Eastern Shore, U. of Nebraska at Kearney, U. of Washington, Western New England
Search for Jobs