Students and faculty members at Albion College are protesting the planned elimination of 15 full-time faculty jobs at Albion College, saying that the way the layoffs are being made will effectively abolish tenure rights, The Battle Creek Enquirer reported. College officials say that they need to reduce the size of the faculty because of enrollment declines. The college denies that it is damaging the tenure system or academic freedom, but admits changing parts of the faculty handbook to be able to carry out the layoffs.
- Power Play
- Taking a Stand on 'Mass Firings'
- Wartburg College and other liberal arts institutions make drastic cuts, challenging their identities as liberal institutions.
- When Tenure Means Nothing
- Turmoil Over 70 Faculty Layoffs at Clark Atlanta
- Faculty accuse Wayne State of trying to kill tenure rights
- Wells Faculty Cry Foul
- Fight over layoffs at University of Southern Maine boils over
Search for Jobs