Michael Hogan, president of the University of Connecticut, was named Tuesday as the next president of the University of Illinois system. Prior to going to UConn in 2007, Hogan held senior positions at Ohio State University and the University of Iowa. Hogan replaces B. Joseph White, who resigned as Illinois's president last year amid a scandal over admissions preferences for the politically connected.
- 'Tech Transfer'
- When Even Low Tuition Is Too Much
- Hogan's rocky tenure at Connecticut hinted at potential problems at Illinois
- Students Worry About Jobs and Stick With Obama
- New Arizona Law Deters Faculty Job Applicants
- U.Va. President Urges Sharing of Arrest Records
- Army Secretary Withdraws as Commencement Speaker
- The Eggheads Scramble
Search for Jobs