The New Faculty Majority, a national adjunct organization, has become the latest to condemn a series of actions at East-West University that have postponed a union organizing drive for adjuncts. With a union affiliated with the National Education Association calling for an election, the university notified all adjuncts that they weren't employees this summer, effectively making it impossible for them to vote in an election. The university says this move was just to clarify expectations. The New Faculty Majority statement says: "The university’s claims that its decisions are based on factors unrelated to the union drive are disingenuous at best and a clear pretext for union-busting at worst."
- Adjuncts Get Back Pay and Assured Classes at East-West
- East-West Plans Big Raises for Adjuncts
- Adjuncts Win Union Vote at East-West U.
- Who Gets to Guard the Gates of Eden?
- 'Back in Business' on Civil Rights
- New Venue for Anti-Bias Debate
- How to Avoid a Union Election
- AAUP Denounces East-West U. for Treatment of Adjuncts
Search for Jobs