The New Faculty Majority, a national adjunct organization, has become the latest to condemn a series of actions at East-West University that have postponed a union organizing drive for adjuncts. With a union affiliated with the National Education Association calling for an election, the university notified all adjuncts that they weren't employees this summer, effectively making it impossible for them to vote in an election. The university says this move was just to clarify expectations. The New Faculty Majority statement says: "The university’s claims that its decisions are based on factors unrelated to the union drive are disingenuous at best and a clear pretext for union-busting at worst."
- How to Avoid a Union Election
- Duquesne U adjuncts object to possible threat not to rehire those involved in union drive
- Commencement Speakers Announced: East-West, Fielding Graduate U., Hudson County
- Union activity leads to gains for adjuncts even when bids fail or stall
- NLRB Orders George Washington U. to Negotiate With Adjunct Union
- The Union Election That Might Not Count
- Essay on difficulty of finding a job for an expert on Russia
- Are faculty strikes effective?
Search for Jobs