Part-time faculty members at Madison Area Technical College are protesting new rules -- approved by the full-time faculty members -- that would allow full-timers to sign up for "overload" courses before part-timers have received assignments, The Wisconsin State Journal reported. The part-timers fear that some in their group will end up with no courses -- as full-timers opt for the extra pay for teaching beyond a full-time schedule.
- Confident About the Emeritus Years
- Picking Up the Pace
- Introducing Glenn Beck University
- Who Gets Bumped?
- Essay on the many ways higher education holds back those off the tenure track
- Faculty groups in California disagree on whether a proposed overload law would limit the practice or promote it
- YouTube and Context
- Adjuncts Vote to Unionize at Ferris State
Search for Jobs