An administrator at the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District earned a full salary on sick leave this spring while teaching a course at another community college, The San Jose Mercury News reported. Bayinaah Jones, the district's executive director of institutional effectiveness, denied to the newspaper that she engaged in work while on sick leave, but the district confirmed her sick leave and the Foothill-DeAnza Community College District confirmed that she taught there at the time.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- First Amendment in the Classroom
- Graduates Without Degrees
- 2-Year College Leader Is U.S. Education Nominee
- Quick Takes: Texas Chief Eyed for U. of Cal., Texas-Brownsville Wins Fence Fight, TCU Moves Event With Rev. Wright, Changes in Common Application, District Bans Blood Drives, Antioch Protest at 1 Dupont, Strike at Wilfred Laurier, Furor Over Ottawa Paper
- Mixed Results for California Bonds
- Hostile Climate?
Search for Jobs