Lincoln Land Community College has agreed to upgrade its softball facilities to settle a complaint filed with the U.S. Education Department under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which bars discrimination based on sex, The State Journal-Register, of Springfield, Ill., reported. An Education Department inquiry rejected some charges against the college with regard to the treatment of female athletes, but found that there were illegal inequities in facilities.
- Lesbian Basketball Coaches Call Foul
- Court OKs Reverse Discrimination Suit
- Court Allows Title IX Retaliation Claim
- College Sports and Spending
- Quick Takes: Lender Pledges More Disclosure on Payments to Colleges, Texas Southern Governance Faulted, Jewish Seminary Will Ordain Gays, Inside Look at UCLA Admissions, Extra Fees for 'Energy Hogs,' Oxford Adds Aptitude Tests, the Other Final Four
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories