MidAmerica Nazarene University is declining to be the host of an event on immigration that was to have featured several controversial speakers affiliated with various efforts to crack down on immigration, The Kansas City Star reported. President Edwin Robinson said he was concerned about safety issues and the univeristy's reputation. “I don’t mind a clash of ideology, but the rhetoric on both sides was escalating to the point that I was concerned," he said.
- Dreams Deferred?
- Race Still Matters
- Northwest Nazarene stands behind decision to end job of noted theologian
- Essay on how to keep humanities vibrant by rejecting elite universities' models
- Essay on being accused of being an anti-Israel professor
- Academic Freedom and Evolution
- GOP platform is harshly critical of higher education
- Author discusses her new book on the role of Indian mascots of college teams
Search for Jobs