A Colombian journalist has been denied a visa to come to the United States for a Nieman Foundation fellowship at Harvard University, the Associated Press reported. U.S. officials declined to comment, citing privacy laws. Bob Giles, curator of the Nieman program, is trying to get the decision reversed. "We were very surprised. This has never happened before," he said.
- Groups raise concerns that British human rights activist is being blocked from entering U.S.
- Should Student Loans Go to Market?
- Harvard joins MIT in platform to offer massive online courses
- Hunter Settles Suicide Suit
- Boston U. Picks a President (Again)
- Change of Heart on Lender Oversight
- Quick Takes: Edwards Gets Economists' Backing, President's Home Shot, U.S. Plans New Negotiations on Student Aid Rules
- New Tack Against Term Paper Providers
Search for Jobs