The State University of New York at Buffalo's Jewish studies program is getting criticism for its failure to renew the contract of Rachel Lipsky, who taught Hebrew there for 23 years and whose supporters say that she lost her slot so it could be given to the wife of a new hire, The Buffalo News reported. Among those backing Lipsky are Elie Wiesel. An inquiry by SUNY found no wrongdoing and Buffalo officials note that adjuncts are not assured long-term employment.
- Coach's Exit vs. Whistle-Blower's Exit
- Essay on class warfare in academe
- Creating a National Voice for Adjuncts
- Confessions of a Tenured Professor
- SCUP-43 Wednesday noon
- Excitement or Overstepping?
- Commencement Speakers Announced: CUNY Graduate Center, Harper, Kalamazoo, Lehigh, Rose-Hulman, St. John's
- Avenues for Change Adjuncts Can Believe In
Search for Jobs