Wells College this week announced plans to eliminate several majors and five faculty positions by the 2011-12 academic year, AuburnPub.com reported. French and religion will both be eliminated as majors, and while courses will still be offered, they will be taught by adjuncts, and tenured faculty lines will be eliminated. Music will be eliminated as a concentration in the performing arts major. Faculty have been concerned for several months about the college's financial situation and plans to cut programs and positions.
- Disappearing Languages at Albany
- Investigation raises doubts about Southern U.'s financial crisis
- Faculty at Eastern Illinois University delays pay raise to save adjunct positions
- Study tracks changes in sociology departments and faculty workloads
- Faculty accuse Wayne State of trying to kill tenure rights
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories