A student wearing a suit and bearing a rifle began shooting Tuesday in a plaza at the University of Texas at Austin, firing several times into the air but hitting no one, before entering a campus library and killing himself, the Associated Press reported. Medical examiners identified the student as a sophomore mathematics major at the university, UT officials said.
- Essay on why all academics should oppose ouster of U. of Texas president
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Students, Guns and Politics
- Professor Meets Gun, Part 10: To Arms
- Investigation finds UT-Austin president influenced admissions decisions
- New York U. hires Oxford leader as its new president
- Review of Franco Berardi, 'Heroes: Mass Murder and Suicide'
- Tragedy at Va. Tech
Search for Jobs