3 Campuses Experience Fatal Shootings of Students
October 18, 2010
Three campuses experienced fatal shootings of students in the last week:
- Police shot and killed Danroy Henry, a football player at Pace University, early Sunday morning after he allegedly tried to drive away from a bar fight, crashing into two police officers, The New York Post reported.
- A student at Lane College, in Tennessee, died last week after being accidentally shot by his roommate, the Associated Press reported.
- A student from Hampton University was shot and killed early Sunday morning at a post-homecoming party at California University of Pennsylvania, and two students were injured in the shooting, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.
- Pitt Shooter Was Barred by Duquesne
- 5 Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- Edinboro Student Charged With Shooting Two Other Students
- Student Fatally Shot at Winston-Salem State
- A Week of Campus Shootings
- Shootings at six HBCUs in under a month draw scrutiny
- Man Charged With Threats Against Pitt Professors
- Quick Takes: $175,000 Awarded for Lost Notes, Police Kill Seton Hill Student, Administrator on Leave for Apparent Bike Theft, Suit Charges Harassment by a VP, Remembering Tragedies at NIU and Va. Tech, Obama Effect on Canada, Historians Rank Presidents
Search for Jobs
The Founding of the University Given the challenging conditions facing higher education institutions in Nigeria, AUN stands poised to become a...
Illinois Wesleyan, founded in 1850, is a private co-educational university with an enrollment of 1,893 and a student/faculty ratio of 12 to 1. The...