Friends of Steve Li, a student at the City College of San Francisco, are trying to build support to keep him in the United States. The Contra Costa Times reported that authorities have charged Li and his parents with being in the United States illegally. An unusual twist on the case is that Li's parents are Chinese, but he was born when they were in Peru. As a result, federal authorities are trying to send his parents to China, and Li to Peru, where he does not know a single person. Li is currently being held in a detention center in Arizona. He said he can't imagine leaving the U.S. "I've been living [in the United States], studying here. I feel like I've been here all my life. All my friends, my teachers, my family is here," he said.
- So Far, So Good
- Over It Yet? Privacy, That Is
- 'Commodification of Academic Research'
- Do-It-Yourself Ranking
- Excuses vs. Due Process
- New Programs: Biomedical Engineering, Urban Planning, Student Affairs, Race Relations
- Delaware State Agrees to Settle Title IX Suit
- Apparent Drug Lab Found in Georgetown Dorm
Search for Jobs