Authorities investigating unusual chemical smells in a Georgetown University dormitory Saturday morning evacuated 400 students and found what appears to be a drug lab, The Washington Post reported. Two male students and a visitor were arrested, and many other students were stunned by the news. "I would understand if someone got caught doing it. Making it, that's different. It's shocking," one student told the Post.
- Between a Rock and a High Place
- Warrantless Dorm Search Upheld
- Dealing (With) Drugs at Elite Colleges
- Warrantless Dorm Search Rejected
- Quick Takes: Protest Over Political Ban at Illinois, Another Scandal for Pa. Loan Agency, Patent Loss for Johns Hopkins, Sick Students at Georgetown, Ig Nobel Prizes
- Quick Takes: Impact of a Student's Lie, Non-Impact of Athletics on Donations, Educating 10,000 Women, Riot and Arrests at Evergreen State, Abusing Prescription Drugs
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
- Quick Takes: House Votes to Limit Patriot Act in Libraries, Illegal Drug Lab at San Diego State, Minimal Movement on Waiting Lists
Search for Jobs