A Florida group is seeking to start the first for-profit medical school offering M.D. degrees in the United States, The Sun Sentinel reported. (Another for-profit already provides education leading to a degree in osteopathic medicine.) The medical school hopes to open in 2012 with an initial class of 100.
- Quick Takes: Anger Over NYC Deal With For-Profit Med School in Grenada, Another Resignation at WVU, GED Participation Is Up, Clinton Pays Debts to Colleges
- The 3-Year M.D.
- For-profits lag behind other colleges in student outcomes
- Defaults Nearly Double
- 5 Assertions on For-Profit Education
- Aftermath of for-profit fight in Wisconsin
- Quick Takes: Bridgepoint Buys Another College, $100 Million for Baylor College of Medicine, Iowa University Chiefs Call for Arming Police, Hawaii Coach Alleges Gender Bias, Explosive Decision at Nebraska, Probe in NJ, Sexual Health Rankings
- Massage Therapists or R.N.s
Search for Jobs