The American Sociological Association, which recently announced that it couldn't meet in Chicago as planned this summer due to labor strife, has found a new home for its next annual meeting: Caesars Palace, in Las Vegas. While disciplinary meetings may not typically flock to meeting sites known for gambling, Ceasars meets a key requirement: it is a union hotel where contracts are in effect until 2012. The sociologists will gather in Vegas August 20-23.
- Sociologists in Sin City
- President's Week - Part 2
- 'What Stays in Vegas' and 'Dataclysm'
- Vegas, Conventions, Transmedia
- New presidents or provosts: Angelo Bridgewater Illinois KCTCS Middlebury Midlands Siena UNLV
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas to end relationship with its Singaporean partner
- Quick Takes: BU Fires Prof Over 'Hot' Comment, Belarus Kicks Out American Scholar, NCAA Action on Amateurism and Gambling
- Professor's Got a Gun
Search for Jobs