Obama Honors Science Mentors
January 24, 2011
President Obama on Friday named 11 individuals and 4 organizations as recipients of the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Mentoring.
The individuals are:
- Richard L. Cardenas of St. Mary’s University in Texas.
- Anthony Carpi of John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
- Isaac J. Crumbly of Fort Valley State University.
- Jo Handelsman of Yale University.
- Douglass L. Henderson of the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Bruce A. Jackson of Massachusetts Bay Community College.
- Marigold L. Linton of the University of Kansas.
- Maja J. MatariÄ‡ of the University of Southern California.
- Gerard F. R. Parkin of Columbia University.
- Julio J. Ramirez of Davidson College.
- Michelle A. Williams of the University of Washington.
The four organizational efforts honored are:
- The Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- The Baccalaureate and Beyond Community College Mentoring Program at the State University of New York at Purchase.
- The Grinnell Science Project, at Grinnell College. (An Inside Higher Ed profile of that project may be found here.)
- The Women in Science and Engineering Mentoring Initiatives at the Center for Research on Women and Gender at the University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Victoria, BC, Canada
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Elizabeth City, NC
Since its founding in 2003, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) has become one of the City University of New York’s fastest growing schools...
Earlham is a selective national liberal arts college founded in 1847. Earlham's affiliation with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) informs...