Five faculty members at the Air Force Academy have filed a suit to block a "National Prayer Luncheon" event that they infringes on the separation of church and state, the Associated Press reported. The event, to which cadets and faculty have been invited, features a motivational speaker who describes himself as a "U.S. Marine for Christ." An academy spokesman said that attendance at the event was strictly voluntary.
- Report Finds No Religious Bias at Air Force Academy
- Federal Art Critics
- Quick Takes: Berkeley Seeks to Assure Faculty on BP Deal, Death at Rider, Pentagon Clears MIT Researchers, Coach Quits After Religious Signs Removed, Online Offerings, Athlete Charged in Point Shaving, Cheerleading Dangers, Righting a Wrong in Oregon
- Out, in ROTC, at Military College
- Forty years after first female cadets, service academies still exempt from Title IX
- Battle of Wills and Faith
- ROTC BBQ
- Will Anyone Listen?
Search for Jobs