The University of Utah is investigating allegations of plagiarism against Bahman Baktiari, director of the institution's Middle East Center, in an op-ed in The Salt Lake Tribune, that newspaper reported. The newspaper has since removed the op-ed from its website. Faculty members and students identified several instances of unattributed material from sources such as The New York Times and The Economist and shared their analysis with senior university officials and the Tribune. Baktiari told the newspaper he didn't know attribution was needed for newspaper op-eds.
- Column on Gay Marriage Prompts Dismissal
- Temple U. professors accused of not sufficiently reporting funding source of their research on private prisons
- Arguing Against Free-Market Plagiarism Prevention
- At Southern Utah, concerns about the intensive English program come to light
- Quick Takes: Santa Fe Seeks State Takeover, Lavish Tutoring for Athletes, Attack on Wrong Target, Obama's Pick Is Faust Reject, Fraternity Tragedies, Oakland U. Sued on Dorm Access, More Students Skip Thanksgiving Break, '08 Election Adds to Latke Debate
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories