Holy Family University has suspended John O'Connor as head men's basketball coach while investigating allegations that he assaulted a player during a practice, The Philadelphia Daily News reported. O'Connor could not be reached for comment, but the local Fox News station ran video of the alleged assault and quoted the player's lawyer raising questions about whether the university acted soon enough after learning of the allegation.
- Rutgers U suspends football coach for contacting professor about player's grades
- Quick Takes: Antiwar Prof's Son Killed in Iraq, Schwarzenegger Wants to Sell Loan Agency, Student Who Made Va. Tech Comment Fights Campus Ban, Coach Quits After Harassment Inquiry, Donation Will Change University's Name, NSF Award
- NCAA bans SMU basketball from postseason, suspends coach for 9 games
- Baylor U facing questions over handling of sexual assault involving football player
- Community college faces criticism after football player convicted of rape in high school joins team
- U of Illinois fires football coach over mistreatment of players
- Fallout at U. of Virginia after article on a gang rape at a fraternity
- Quick Takes: Adjunct Dismissal Questioned, Indiana Buyouts, Temple U. Suspends 4 for Possible Anti-Semitic Attack, Obama on Books, Honor for Ex-Internees, Brown Adds Aid, Win for Upward Bound, Apps Up in New Orleans, 'Unplugged' Frost, Pay to Play in NJ?
Search for Jobs