The leader of the University of the District of Columbia's trustees told members of Washington's city council that the board may require President Allen Sessoms to repay some of the university funds he spent on first-class airfare, The Washington Post reported. Sessoms has come under fire for his spending practices, and the chairman of the UDC board told a sometimes tense meeting of the D.C. Council that the trustees may require the president to reimburse some funds. As has been true in Sessoms' past presidencies, too, his leadership has deeply divided the UDC campus.
- UDC eliminates nearly 20 academic programs
- Failure in Urban Universities
- The City Without a Community College
- Essay on promoting a diversity of ideas in higher education
- Quick Takes: FEMA Backs Down in Dispute With Students, Barry U. Freezes Salaries, Audit Questions Chicago State Spending, U. of Toledo Plans Rules for Drug Companies, Boos at UMass, Reforming French Universities, Drinking and Decision Making
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories