Two Alabama community colleges -- Bevill State and Northwest Shoals Community Colleges -- have announced that they will deal with state budget cuts in part by shutting down athletic departments, The Huntsville Times reported. Bevill State has men and women's basketball, softball, baseball and track teams. Northwest Shoals has teams in baseball, men and women's basketball, softball, women's volleyball and cheerleading.
- New NCAA Division II Conference: Mountain East
- Jocks Gone Wild?
- Community College Suspends Athletics Programs
- Student interest, or lack thereof, drives change in two-year college athletics
- After slight dip, athletes' graduation rates back up
- Who Is More Influential -- Jesse Owens or Dwight Eisenhower?
- Kuyper College Eliminates Athletics
- How Athletes Spend Their Time
Search for Jobs