$100M Gift for Western Michigan's New Med School
March 23, 2011
Western Michigan University on Tuesday announced a $100 million gift -- its largest ever -- to create a new medical school. While the university is public, it plans to rely on private funds for the new medical school. The donor is anonymous.
- Quick Takes: Replies on Earmarks, $100M for Yeshiva, Universities Praise Picks for Panel, Strike Suspended at Eastern Michigan, Elite Colleges Urged to Diversify High Schools, Grants for Black Colleges, Stanford Bans Drug Company Gifts, Hack at MIT
- NYU Receives $100M Gift for Engineering School
- Quick Takes: Harvard Loses $350M, Dueling Charges at Eastern Mich., Corinthian to Pay $6.5M, $100M for Nursing School, Size vs. Ethics, Cambridge Settles Suit, Graduates Who Teach, Protest on Proposed Overhead Cap, Suit Rejected on Admitting Men
- $100M Pledge to Pharmacy School at UNC Chapel Hill
- Quick Takes: 2 DUI Arrests for President of Mary Washington, Investors Sue Charleston Southern, Adding Liberal Arts to Business, Showdown in West Virginia, Gains Seen From Tax Break, $100M for Virginia, The 'Eurocommuter' Student
- $100M to Florida State for Entrepreneurship School
- Doubts on Portland State's Would-Be $100M Donor
- Quick Takes: Saudi Arabia Releases Professor, Another Merger Considered, DEA Rejects Pot Research Lab, $100M for Energy Research at Stanford, Peer-to-Peer Lender Sidelined, The New Science Class, Fire Closes Georgia Campus, Harvard Students Foiled Again
Search for Jobs
La Plata, MD
PILANI, RAJASTHAN, India
Rock Hill, SC
Motivated Students Maryville University is a selective, comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with nearly 6,000 students. We offer...
Norco College is a two-year public institution of higher education, one of three colleges in the Riverside Community College District (RCCD). The...