The board of Brookdale Community College is considering a suit against its former president, Peter Burnham, following a review of an audit uncovering questionable expenses, The Star-Ledger reported. Among the expenses for which Burnham was reimbursed in apparent violation of district policies: a $1,300 trip to Arizona, $109 in golf clothing and $53 in drinks at a Philadelphia steakhouse. Burnham recently resigned after being placed on leave. He has not commented on the inquiry into his spending.
- Quick Takes: Presidential Donations, A's at Brown, Busting the Police Chief, Conviction Over 'Low Work' Job, Settlement With Ex-President of Community College of Denver, Plagiarism Vigilante Answers Comments, Stimulus Would Help NIH, Calling Tim and Heidi
- Millions for American's Ex-President
- Quick Takes: Congressman Challenges NCAA Tax Exemption, Ex-President Convicted of Embezzlement, Guilty Plea in Lab Firebombing, Student Teacher and U. Settle Lawsuit Over Classroom Prayer, Clackamas President on Leave
- Quick Takes: Longer Waiting Lists, Juicy Answers Back, Texas Southern Ex-President Settles, Partial Vindication for Prof Fired Over E-Mail to Foreign Student, U.S. Guidance for Guarantors, Davidson's Student Fans Win Big
- Quick Takes: Husband-and-Wife Presidents, Bishop vs. Holy Cross, Changing a Name Back, Part-Timers Unionize at Rhode Island, Ex-President Sues E. Mich., Access for Latinos, Facebook Fracas at Regent, Oxford Invite for Holocaust Denier, Nude on Rug Stolen
- Quick Takes: New Approach to Survey Studies, Ex-President to Provost, Dissecting Spellings Panel, NY Orders Trade School to Close, House Passes NIH Bill, Bringing Custodial Jobs on Payroll, House Extends HEA, Pro-Science Candidates, Reform of Med Schools
- Quick Takes: Win for Evolution, Ex-President of Tex. Southern Indicted, Cal State Must Pay for Expansion Impact, AAU Weighs In on Commission, $105M for Stanford, Shifts in CUNY Funding, Nelnet-Peterson's, Cal. May Join Google Project, 'Miss Tuskegee'
- Quick Takes: Furor Over Allegations About Duke Athletes' Party, Broader Impact of SAT Mistakes, Ex-President of Sierra Cleared, Strike Ends at Ontario Community Colleges, Bomb at French University, 98-Hour Lecture
Search for Jobs