Ellen Lewin, a professore of anthropology and gender, women's and sexuality studies at the University of Iowa, is under fire for her response to a mass e-mail from a campus Republican group about "Conservative Coming Out Week." Lewin replied "FUCK YOU REPUBLICANS" from her university account. Now Republicans are complaining about her language, The Iowa City Press Citizen reported. Lewin has apologized, sending a subsequent e-mail message in which she said: "I admit the language was inappropriate, and apologize for any affront to anyone’s delicate sensibilities. I would really appreciate your not sending blanket emails to everyone on campus, especially in these difficult times."
- Drake Provost, Differing With President, Quits
- Who Decides on Transfer Credit?
- Despite M.I.T.'s decision to delete, Walter Lewin's lecture videos live on
- 'Breathing Room' on State Authorization
- Newly Tenured ... at Bates, Saint Rose, Suffolk
- Another Middle East Effort Challenged
- Anti-Israel, Anti-Semitic or Both?
- Faculty No Longer
Search for Jobs