The National Research Council on Thursday released the corrected versions of its rankings of doctoral programs, including factors that had been recalculated based on various errors or omissions. The NRC website features links to the new and old versions. Most of the changes involve the subcategories being corrected, with relatively modest shifts in the overall categories. This article details the changes released on Thursday and this one details the generally skeptical reaction with which the NRC methodology has been greeted. The corrections released Thursday do not address the larger methodological issues cited by many critics.
- Coalition of For-Profit Colleges to Write Self-Regulation Standards
- Earth Day Critique and Celebration
- A Surprise Challenge
- Metro State Trustees Delay Name Change Request, Citing U. of Denver Opposition
- Humanities at Risk in Britain
- 'Sending Silence Packing'
- Some Unpretentious Bragging
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bowling Green State U., Concordia College (Minn.), Illinois Wesleyan U., Ivy Tech CC-North Central, Rockhurst U., San JosÃ© State U., South Mountain College, U. of South Florida-Polytechnic
Search for Jobs