The University of Wisconsin Pain & Policy Studies Group has decided to stop taking money from the drug industry, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Over the last decade, it has taken in about $2.5 million from the industry. The decision to stop taking the money followed another article in the Journal Sentinel on criticism of the research center's findings supporting "controversial uses of narcotic painkillers" at a time that it was receiving the funds.
- Too Cozy
- Does Tobacco Money Taint Research?
- Calculating the Tobacco Taint
- Conflict With My Interests
- Gift Horse or a Good Idea?
- Conflicts of Interest in Continuing Medical Education
- Helping a Global Warming Skeptic
- Quick Takes: Claiborne Pell Dies, Advice for Obama, Distance Ed Enrollments, Yeshiva Adjusts Losses, Harvard Prof Limits Ties to Drug Companies, Deferred Bonus Raises Eyebrows, RPI Donated to Clinton Library, Unusual Bequest for Monroe CC, Banned Words
Search for Jobs