For 10 years, the University of Notre Dame has been the only major American university to bar companies that make clothing and other products with its logo from producing those products in China, Bloomberg reported. The policy is a response to China's ban on independent unions. Some lawmakers looking for ways to punish China for various reasons are examining Notre Dame's policy with the hope that other universities will adopt it, the article said.
- A Crossroads for the Fighting Irish (and Their Peers)
- Quick Takes: Grants for Katrina Students, Notre Dame's Bowl Millions Go to Academics, Deadline Pushed Back at NYU, Playboy Can't Use Ariz. State Logo, Arson at Georgia
- The 'Vagina Monologues' Test
- The Virtues of Contrition
- Father Hesburgh, leader at Notre Dame and in American higher education, dies at 97
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories