John O'Connor is taking a paid leave as president of the State University of New York Research Foundation amid allegations that he gave a no-show job to the daughter of the former president of the State Senate, the Associated Press reported. A state ethics commission found likely fault in the hire of the daughter of Joseph Bruno, who is currently appealing federal corruption convictions. O'Connor has said that he did nothing wrong and that the state commission's inquiry was flawed.
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Supreme Court says First Amendment protects truthful speech by community college employee
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of the Bahamas, Miami U., Millikin U., U. of Louisiana at Monroe, U. of Minnesota, U. of Wisconsin Colleges
- Should Prospective Faculty Disclose Criminal Backgrounds?
- A Curricular Debate: Classic or Retro?
- Should the NCAA prevent convicted criminals from playing college sports?
- Battling for Buffalo
- Doomed to Disappoint Justice O'Connor
Search for Jobs