The National Association for College Admission Counseling has released "Best for Whom?" a report summarizing previously released surveys by the association on the skeptical attitudes of high school counselors and college admissions officers about the rankings of U.S. News & World Report. The report notes that both counselors and admissions officers see the rankings as highly questionable in value to prospective students, but influential nonetheless not only with applicants but with those making decisions at colleges.
- Admissions leaders debate waitlist policies
- US News rankings will not adopt NACAC recommendations
- Using the Rankings
- Poor Ratings for 'U.S. News' Rankings
- 'U.S. News' Adds Surveys That Could Alter Methodology
- Bad Advice, No Advice
- Covering Up or Scaring Off?
- Another college admits to calculating incorrect SAT averages
Search for Jobs