Drexel University has called off plans to build an undergraduate campus in California, far from the institution's Philadelphia home, The Sacramento Bee reported. Drexel has started (and plans to continue) graduate programs in Sacramento. The undergraduate campus was to have been financed by a donation of land that would have been developed. But real estate values have fallen sharply, making the plan's underlying assumptions no longer valid, officials said.
- Higher Ed Gold Rush?
- Drexel U. charts a new course for itself
- Northeastern University opens branch campus in Charlotte, plans further expansion
- British university plans branch campus in California
- Building More Than Buildings
- Quick Takes: Fisk to Sell 2 Key Paintings, Samford Faculty Oppose Intelligent Design Lecture, California Wants Money Back
- New presidents provosts: Chicago CSCC Roberts Wesleyan Sacramento State SCC UL Va Tech
- New presidents and provosts: FMU Fontbonne Hiram Kettering Lakeland Marygrove OSU Tulane
Search for Jobs