Lake Superior State University has released its annual list of "Words Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General Uselessness." This year's list features several from politics and economics ("occupy," "the new normal," "shared sacrifice"), others from pop culture ("man cave," "baby bump") and others misused in all kinds of circumstances ("amazing," "ginormous"). The complete list may be found here.
- Let's Break Internet With List of Banished Words
- Quick Takes: Fla. Legislator Quits College Job, Harvard Law Dean Picked as Solicitor General, Word Warriors
- U. of New Mexico Plans to Remove 'Occupy' Protest
- Words to Banish ... and Words to Use
- Which Words Used in Academe Would You Ban?
- Spelman Student Killed on Campus of Clark Atlanta; Arrests in Skyline College Shooting
- More grocery grabbers
- 'Fiscal Cliff' Tops University's New List of Banned Words
Search for Jobs