Lake Superior State University has released its annual list of "Words Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General Uselessness." This year's list features several from politics and economics ("occupy," "the new normal," "shared sacrifice"), others from pop culture ("man cave," "baby bump") and others misused in all kinds of circumstances ("amazing," "ginormous"). The complete list may be found here.
- In praise of inchoateness
- More grocery grabbers
- New research on which groups are more likely to be hired and receive tenure in STEM
- The Anti-Summers
- Prescriptions and Prevention
- Quick Takes: Arizona Debates Partner Benefits, Harassment Suit Settled, West Virginia Sues Over Coach's Departure, Impact of Immigration Law, Suit Over Terms of 1853 Gift, Banned Words for the Year
- Political science association criticized for agreeing to keep babies out of exhibit hall
- Political Purge or Quality Control?
Search for Jobs