While some mark the New Year by noting words that are annoying, Wayne State University issues a list of words that are "regrettably neglected." This year's list: antediluvian, erstwhile, execrable, frisson, parlous, penultimate, Sisyphean, supercilious, transmogrify and truckle. Details on the words may be found here.
- Words to Banish ... and Words to Use
- Alum Calls Off Planned Bequest Over Reading Assignment
- Going Back to Alma Mater
- Quick Takes: Bombs at 2 Colleges, Battle Over Anti-Abortion Scholars, Pollock Painting May Be Safe, 3 Europeans Share Nobel in Medicine, Deal at Windsor, St. Augustine's Sports Violations
- Students Are Increasingly Anxious, but We Can Help Them
- 2 Wins for Illinois Professors
- Have We Given Up on the Idea of Earth?
- E-mails reveal that Mitch Daniels, as governor, tried to ban Howard Zinn book
Search for Jobs