Missouri Governor Jay Nixon announced that he has dropped the idea of having the state borrow money from university reserve funds, the Associated Press reported. The idea he floated would have used the borrowed money to avoid deep cuts in state appropriations. But many legislators questioned whether this approach was sound fiscal policy and worried that the state universities might never get their money back.
- Moving the Cliff
- Freezer Burn
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Alma, Case Western, Eckerd, New England Tech, Nyack, Ozarks Tech, Pomona, Shepherd, Spelman, Stephens, U. of Maryland, U. of Pacific, U. of Southern Indiana
- Paying the Price
- A Proposition They Can Refuse?
- Wisconsin system's budget reserves become target for lawmakers
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Bridgewater, Cal State L.A., Chestnut Hill, Clark, College of Idaho, Heritage, South U., St. Catherine U., St. Charles CC, St. John's, U. of Illinois, U. of New Haven, Wentworth
- State Funding Fortunes Start Falling
Search for Jobs