American University adjuncts have voted to unionize and to be represented by the Service Employees International Union. A memo from the university's provost, Scott A. Bass, said that the vote to unionize was 379 to 284. The memo said that the university would respect the vote, and would not file any appeals of the election. The SEIU Local 500 website includes statements from numerous adjuncts about why they wanted a union.
- Adjunct union drive hits speedbumps in Twin Cities
- Mills College adjuncts protest changes that were instituted shortly after a union vote
- Tufts adjuncts vote to form union, begin metro effort
- Union activity leads to gains for adjuncts even when bids fail or stall
- Adjunct union contracts ensure real gains including better pay
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories