Utah State University Press -- for several years a target of budget cut plans at its home institution -- is merging into the University Press of Colorado. The Utah State press will continue to publish books as an imprint of the Colorado publisher. The Colorado press has been supported by eight colleges and universities in Colorado and will now receive some support from Utah State as well. But Utah State officials said that their overall spending would decrease once the merger is complete.
- University of New Orleans plans to put university press on "hiatus"
- Could a Press End Up on Chopping Block?
- Survival -- Through Open Access
- Abandoning an Experiment
- College merger negotiations are long and complicated
- Maize Books: Michigan Publishing Sows a New Imprint
- College counseling and health center merger trend worries some staff
- Essay on the realities of university presses
Search for Jobs