Morlan Isom, a star goalkeeper for the women's soccer team at Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge, was the first female athlete ever named Homecoming Queen when she won that title last fall. Now, she is trying for a different distinction: becoming a kicker on the football team. The Shreveport Times reported that if she makes the team, she would be the first female in big-time college football since 2003.
- Katrina Sends Students Fleeing
- NCAA Academic Metric Hits HBCUs
- The Meaning of a Transgender Homecoming King
- New Presidents or Provosts: Ashford U., Chattahoochee Valley CC, Great Plains College, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Nichols College, Southern U.-Baton Rouge, Victor Valley College
- Wary of concussions, college athletes choose early retirement
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories