A student at Florida Atlantic University was physically removed from a class and then tased when she refused to get into a police car, following an in-class outburst that included expletives and statements about hurting people. The incident in class was filmed and posted to YouTube. (Warning: the video contains graphic language.)
A police report on the incident said that the student, a black female, started yelling at the instructor in class, saying things such as "white people suck, Jewish people who think this world is theirs which is not, I will fucking kill you at the Holocaust events all over the world." Many of her remarks involved racial slurs, and she called various people "sand niggers" and "white niggers." The police report said that a Taser was used on her when she refused to get into a police car.
The university released a statement from Charles Brown, vice president of student affairs. "In order to provide for the safety of all concerned, the student had to be physically removed from the classroom by two FAU employees. The FAU Police Department escorted the student off of campus property and transported her to a local hospital.... In light of today’s information, the dean of students is taking immediate action regarding this student." A university spokeswoman, citing confidentiality requirements, declined to say what action was taken.
- Racist Fliers at 2 Wisconsin Colleges
- Jury Orders Alabama State to Pay $1M for Harassment
- Sweet Briar Student Apologizes for Racial Signs in Dorm
- Toronto Universities Remove Posters for White Union
- 'White Pride' Chalkings Anger Many at Towson U.
- Anger Over 'White History Month' Fliers at Mercer
- At Canadian University, Split Over Aboriginal Course
- Quick Takes: Injunction Blocks NASA Rules, Another Loss at Virginia Tech, UMass Alumni Dispute, Research Digs at South Pole, Recruiting Blacks to Computer Science, Semester May Be Doomed in Israel, 'American Idol' Scholarship, British Lecturer vs. Google
Search for Jobs